IFT organizes, co-sponsors and hosts a variety of in-person short courses as part of our mission to provide the food science community an opportunity to learn and exchange ideas. These courses are team-taught by leaders and experts in the field of food science, technology, and related disciplines.
Twelve Pre-IFT short courses will be held Saturday-Sunday, July 14-15, 2018 at the Hilton Hotel on 720 South Michigan Ave, unless otherwise noted.
Click on the links below to be directed to course descriptions and to register. Register now.
½-Day Course (July 15, 2018) at The Hatchery.
- IFTNEXT: Design Thinking for the Creative Food Scientist: A Hands-On Innovation Workshop (with UC-Davis and FoodTechDesign)
IFT Member (all levels): $297
*this course takes place at The Hatchery, 320 N. Damen Ave, Chicago IL.
- Improvise This: The Power of Collaboration (with Second City Works) July 14, 2018
- Seeing the Opportunity in Change (with Second City Works) July 15, 2018
Premier Member and New Professional Members: $526.00
Networking and Engagement Members: $575.00
IFT Student Member: $300.00
2-Day Courses, July 14-15, 2018
- Low Moisture Foods from Ingredients to Finished Products: Food Materials Science Fundamentals, Challenges, and Opportunities
- Certified Food Scientist (CFS) Prep Course
- Clean Label Product Development: Balancing Consumer, Regulatory, and Science
- Flavor Interactions in Foods
- Food Science for the Non-Food Scientist
- Product Development through the Eyes of the Consumer: Applying Sensory and Consumer Insight Tools for Development Success
- Formulating for Function: Winning Nutrition and Consumer Preference on Food Product Development using Dietary Fiber, Hydrocolloid, and Starch
- Labeling Requirements and Implications for Food Marketed in the U.S.
- IFTNEXT: Launching a Food and Beverage Business (with The Hatchery)
Cost per course:
Premier Member and New Professional Members: $690.00
Networking and Engagement Members: $780.00
IFT Student Member: $300.00
All 1 and 2-day short course fees will increase $100 after June 1. Secure your short course registration today.
Short course registration includes course materials, lunches, refreshment breaks, and a certificate of attendance. For some courses, presentation materials are distributed electronically – bringing your laptop or tablet is recommended. Click on course description for more details.
Did you know IFT offers short courses year-round? Check out upcoming courses at ift.org/shortcourse
For more information contact is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Credit
IFT’s food science-related short courses qualify for Certified Food Scientist (CFS) renewal contact hours (CH). Exact hours per course vary. More information will be provided at time of registration. For more information on CFS renewal requirements, visit http://www.ift.org/certification/maintain-your-cfs.aspx
IFT is a continuing professional education provider (IN141) with the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics' (AND) Commission on Dietetic Registration. Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians may claim 1 CPE per hour of learning for qualifying courses. Each short course registrant will be provided with a certificate of completion at the end of the course with full continuing education credit information included.
IFT offers pre-event short course sponsorship at multiple recognition levels. These sponsorships are a great way to give your brand exclusive exposure to targeted audiences. Sponsorship opportunities include pre- and post-course communications, promotional signage, complimentary registration, and more!
For questions about our promotional opportunities, please speak to your personal IFT Strategic Account Manager, or contact Darlene Hankes at 1.312.604.0269 or email@example.com.