Satisfy your hunger cravings by sampling a range of food and beverage product concepts at the IFT18 food expo. Learn more about how the ingredients used in these product concepts help product developers formulate food and beverage products that have the taste, texture, and flavor that consumers seek. Here’s a preview of some of the product prototypes that exhibitors will be serving up.
• Cargill (booth S2202) developed a variety of product concepts that show how its ingredients can be used to develop foods and beverages that address the latest consumer trends. A few of the concepts on the menu are a reduced-sugar yogurt beverage, protein egg bites, carbonated water made with EverSweet Sweetener, and reduced-sodium chips and salsa.
• Edlong (booth S1831) will host interactive seminars at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on both Monday, July 16, and Tuesday, July 17, where dairy-free product concepts will be served. Even though the product concepts are dairy-free, they derive their rich and creamy taste from dairy flavors. Some of the samples available will be a vegan ice cream and a dairy-free dip.
• Try ice cream made with various cereal milk flavors from Gold Coast Ingredients (booth S1631). Be sure to stop by each day because the company will offer a rotating array of ice cream flavors.
• The experts at Healthy Food Ingredients (booth S0502) invite attendees to join them for happy hour at the booth from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, July 16, and Tuesday, July 17, for Late July Purple Corn Chips and Salsa made with Suntava Purple Corn. Other refreshments will be served. Stop by earlier each day of the food expo to try samples of granola made with IntegriPure coarse sliced flax, IntegriPure quinoa flakes, and Suntava Purple Corn crisps.
• Join the experts at Ingredion, Kerr Concentrates, and TIC Gums (booth S2131) to learn how to craft products with a clean label, added nutrients, and enhanced sensory appeal. While at the booth, try samples of organic sweet corn Eloté soup, black sesame chewy candy bites, vanilla coconut milk vegan yogurt, and cherry beet soda. There’s also a vegan shitake ramen broth with high-protein toasted rye ramen noodles and a vegan Chicago-style hot dog with cucumber and bell pepper relish and a protein-enhanced poppy seed bun.
• Three product concepts from PGP International (booth S0755) demonstrate what the company’s ingredients can offer in the way of functionality in formulating products positioned as better for you. The featured concepts are a reduced-sugar fruit and nut bar with PAC-GEL, Rice Crisp, and Soy Protein Discs; protein cookies with Soy Protein Discs; and gluten-free muffins with Gluten-free Rice Flour.
• Hot off the griddle are waffles with chocolate sauce and vanilla sugar made from Solvay’s (booth S1467) line of naturally derived and functional vanillin-based ingredients. The chocolate sauce is formulated with , a free-flowing powder with an intense vanillin taste. It also is said to enhance the flavor of chocolate.