Part of what attendees at food shows find fun is all of the food and beverage product concepts available to try. The product concepts served during the IFT19 food expo also demonstrate the various functions of ingredients of all sorts. Stop by the following booths to sample some innovative product concepts.
• BENEO (booth 3423) will serve a coffee beverage made with chicory root fiber and Palatinose isomaltulose. Inulin from the chicory root fiber is a prebiotic and good source of fiber, according to the company.
• Vream, a new line of specialty shortenings from Bunge Loders Croklaan (booth 1935), will make its debut at the IFT19 food expo. The shortenings have a clean taste and have wide temperature tolerance. Chefs will use Vream shortenings in product concepts such as espresso toffee doughnuts, blood orange cupcakes, and strawberry cream cakes.
• Florida Food Products (booth 4221) is unveiling a line of fermented vegetable juices in beet, carrot, onion, and mushroom varieties. Various food and beverage product concepts formulated with some of these juices will be offered.
• Three sparkling beverage product concepts feature EXBERRY fruit- and vegetable-based colors from GNT USA (booth 1035). There’s Crimson Cherry Spritz, Blueberry Juniper Bubbly, and Strawberry Sparkler. Try one or all of them. A Veggie Burger Slider includes many of the same fruits, vegetables, and plants that the company uses to create its EXBERRY colors. The sliders will be served on carrot bread with beet ketchup alongside scratch-made salt and vinegar potato chips, all of which are colored with EXBERRY colors.
• IMCD Food & Nutrition developed three product concepts that address the trends in personalized nutrition. A Slow Release Protein Recovery Bar features slow-releasing proteins for post-workout recovery. Truffle Bomb is a keto-friendly snack that is high in “good” fats and features a hibiscus flavor, while Gluten-Free, Protein-Enriched Loaf Cake satisfies the needs of people who follow a gluten-free diet. The cake is also soy-free and dairy-free.
• Malt Products Corp. (booth 4852) will feature product concepts formulated with ingredients from its MaltRite portfolio of malted barley extracts. The product concepts will illustrate how the ingredients act as humectants and enhance browning, fermentation, body, and viscosity.
• A Mexican-inspired elote corn on the cob made with fire-roasted vegetable purées that provide concentrated caramelized notes will be available from Naturex (booth 3741). A chipotle-infused mayonnaise that coats the corn on the cob is formulated with the company’s botanical EDTA replacer as a naturally derived preservative. Another product concept is a granola trail mix made with raspberry powder. There will also be two bubble teas. Blue Hurricane is made with Ultimate Blue Spirulina for an intense blue color, and yerba mate and green coffee bean for long-lasting energy. Yellow Sunrise is made with Acerolife, an ingredient derived from acerola cherries that contains up to 34% naturally occurring vitamin C.