Showcasing Transformative Research in New Ways
Research is the foundation of innovation. It provides us the critical insight into what is possible and inspires our creative thinking to help us imagine and design better food.
All IFT FIRST posters had 1-minute on-demand recordings of their presentation that can be accessed online, along with a PDF of their poster. These materials will be available until December 31, 2022.
IFT FIRST is where industry meets academia and transformative discoveries are found. This track features presentations by pre-tenured faculty and grant project awardees whose research will transform the future of food. Click here to view all Scientific Discovery sessions.
Pre-Tenured Faculty and Recent PhD Graduates
- Developing Low-Cost Sensor Systems for Food Analysis
- Extraction of Phospholipids from Dairy By-Products Using Switchable Solvents and Utilization Phospholipids in Ice-Cream Manufacturing
- Super-Resolution Microscopy and Advanced Image Processing of Food Microstructures
- Development of an Oxygen Sensor to Evaluate the Performance of Metal Oxide Coated Flexible Films for Thermally Sterilized Shelf Stable Food Packaging
- Cold Plasma for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Safety
Grant Project Awardees
IFT FIRST thanks our Research Poster Showcase sponsor Hilmar Ingredients, suppliers of whey protein and lactose made from sweet whey. Hilmar's U.S.-based operations produces large runs of whey protein concentrate, hydrolysate and isolate, as well as edible, refined and ultra refined lactose.