Translating science is critical to the success of any scientist. This means effectively communicating why you’re focusing on that specific work, how you gathered the information, and what it means for the larger science community. It’s time to put your skills to the test to see how effectively you can communicate your science!
- You are a New Professional (0-10 years of experience) or a post-doctoral student
- You are an active member of IFT through June 2019
- Completed application form
- 2-minute video of you discussing your science translation OR a 200 word abstract outlining your topic
- Current CV/Resume
- Deadline extended to Sunday, April 7 at 11:59pm C.T.
Preliminary Grading Criteria
- The Science (description of the research)
- The Story (how the research findings can be applied)
- The Presentation Style (captivation and clarity)
- Translation (how work is translatable)
- Finalists will be paired with a Food Science Communicator who will act as a mentor to prepare for the live translation event
- Up to 4 finalists will be selected to translate their science at the start of IFT19
- Final presentations will take place Monday, June 3, 2019 from 10:45am – 12:10pm at the IFT Central booth
- Travel funding for finalists is NOT provided.
- A visual notetaker will be physically translating each presentation at the IFT Central Booth. These visual notes will be converted to an electronic form to be given to each finalist
- The winner will be interviewed and featured in Food Technology Magazine